I absolutely love coconut oil – I use it in so many different ways not just cooking! Coconut oil’s main component is lauric acid, a medium chain fatty acid that positively impacts cholesterol levels. It also contains vitamins E and K, and iron, and has both antibacterial and anti fungal properties.
Here are just 7 ways you can use it to enrich your life:
- Use it to moisturise your lips – particularly good in the winter or for those spending lots of time outdoors. Its such an amazing natural lip balm – and it doesn’t matter if you accidentally ingest some ?
- Oil Pulling – put a tablespoon in your mouth and swill for 5+mins. This Ayurvedic practice whitens teeth, improves skin and gets rid of toxins!
- Make up remover – add to a cotton pad and the oil will remove even the most stubborn of mascaras.
- As a natural massage oil – it smells amazing and will make your skin super soft and nourished too.
- Sooth burns, insect bites, eczema, acne etc. Apply topically and voila!
- Cooking!! Its so yummy when used for roasting, frying and salad dressings. It’s got a high smoking point, meaning it won’t emit harmful free radicals as readily as other oils and it can reduce cholesterol, boost your metabolism and boost your immune system.
- I use coconut oil directly in smoothies, energy balls and even to make bulletproof coffee (google it if you want to know how)
Try out some of these uses and let me know what you think! There are also many more ways to use it – let me know if you have any to add to the list 🙂